Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Once upon a time.........

This post too speaks about a real time experience I would like to share and shrug off from my brain..

A NIGHT AT THE NAWAB'S

Well...I donno why i fear some ppl might think my posts were too long and skip reading...this post might be some delight for them as it might not end that lenghty as far as my observation is concerned...lets see what happens....


ok now its flashback time....Dude...Im always in flashback...Its you who must go back....

Not every1 might have heard of this but for those who are around HYD could possibly recollect and for those who are lazy enough to go into flashback...i'll offer a little help...now look into this wirl for a while.................and rotate your head as my gif image is not rotating on blogger.

..................WELCOME TO THE FLASHBACK




A couple and a double of years ago...the famous DELTA FAST passenger train from REPALLE TO HYDERABAD(SECBAD) got hit by the floods and some serious accident happened.....Well lets take a look at the pic so that some of you might recollect....

Yeah now better you remember forever.
It was a tragic accident. My bro-in-law was supposed to be in that train if he hadnt changed his mind in the last minute to go by bus.

No, this is not about him or anyother guy on the train. This is about me...always about me...

ok..So you might pretty well understand how the tracks have been damaged. It took almost two months to restore the most happening track as mostof the southern trains connecting hyd travel on these tracks only.

Poor me!!!!
Those were the days i have recently joined BTECH. It was probably 3months after my admission when i was home for a small vacation and have to attend colg the next day.

opening scene......

curtain raised...... Track restoration is in progress and al the trains have been traveling in some other route....

So i went to the station and got the tickets a couple of hours before the departure. I got into the full packed..typical indian style south passenger train...At this instant, i strongly point out that passenger trains in south are much cleaner and decent compared to north. Here its not mandatory to chew tobacco and puke allover the train...And moreover people doesnt travel in large groups where everything right from the cigarette..oops..beedi holed clothes to vassels and stoves all tied randomly to each other and attack the train for seats following the orders of some untidy leader where we can indulge ourselves in the magical perfume of CHINY KHAINY or the famous MC(manik chand) (sorry for spel errors)......This is pretty debatable and im not hurting any regional people..its just the lifestyle diff between people who travel in general class in north and south...there are a hell lot of issues with the south Indians too...so no fights..weall are Indians...

peace...no arguments...all are equal...god loves every1...but seriously, dont you think the masses of north are a bit more dirtier than that of south?.....lol....................;P

Coming back..the train is packed...i am with my native neighbor girl whom i used to call "didi" but eventually stopped later..;P...Her mom said the train arrives at hyd almost the same time as we get on the normal train on the regular track...

My normal train is INTERCITY..it starts at 1pm from my town and reaches hyd by 7pm on regular basis...from that hell packed city traffic...it becomes 10pm for me to reach my hostel where my wealthy filthy retired owner pretends that he is at my service 24/7 and make his poor...old...good wife to serve food for me when she is sound asleep...see im a good man..So i used to have HAKKA NOODLES on the road beside my hostel...that guy needs a mention too...he serves yummy noodles for 10rs per plate which could be full for two healthy eating fellas...

Yeah...I got in train at 1pm and it was pack...fully pack..All hanging guys are falling on my neighbor girl and we shift places so that those guys fall on me...see im good again...Had some husk with her...took her phone and teased some of those poor guys who made up to her contact list....harasser the rest with my just acquired fastest smsing skills. Disturbed some fellow passenger and inquired abt their career...one common point with all of us is....every1 must attend to work the next morning...obviously...lol...

So the train reached station on time ......my foot!!!!!..........Its now 10.20pm. This neighbor girl's room was nearer and hence she left..I cant stay at her's as going back to hostel in early hours too is hectic. I am determined to go my way...I took out my nokia 1800 moonlight series and checked the drafts...in which i had saved the MMTS train timings from imp stations....The last train to my place is at 10.30pm....wow...so i ran to the ticket counter and put in the money..the guy is half asleep and said the train has left by 10pm and closed the counter just before my eyes...

I have no other option except to go by bus...Here my 15kg luggage bag needs a mention....Im kinda psycho guy...When ever i travel...i tend to carry all my clothes so as i can have the freedom to choose whatever i wanna wear....I had no idea of city properly and im not that kinda guy who disturb relatives at that hour....My train left me on the 9th platform and the ticket counter is on 10th..and the bus shelter is after the first exit.i.e 1st platform...So i walked all the way..climbed..declimbed..walked a mile and finally am on the road when i could clearly hear the announcement "MMTS TRAIN TO THE ******STATION IS READY TO LEAVE FROM PLATFORM NUMBER 10"......yEAH.....Dats mine.,....ghrrrrrrrrrrrrr

well....unlike other trains, these local trains are not well maintained and their announcement is often unknown to the staff sitting before mics...I don't blame his ignorance..but I really felt like...ghrrrrrrr
He could have at least told me thers a train and he donno the exact timing etc etc......its no way i could get the ticket and catch it....I cursed myself and moved on

Before searching for my bus shelter, some brilliant idea has struck my master mind...That noodles wallah too will be gone by the time i reach hostel..so it would be great if i get some food parceled as eating right there might waste further time.....I walked into the opposite cafe...It is warm inside..I felt great...It is packed too....everyone smoking or eating.....I looked at the menu...thought paratha would be easily made but had to order chapati as the guy said paratha is over....

For gods sake or my worst...It took almost 30mins for me to get my parcel and walk away...That moment i understand..this day is not going to be easy...............The direct bus to my hostel is no where visible...So i convinced myself to travel small distances at one go...Its perhaps a Muslim area.......When i bought the ticket and put in my pocket, Ive realized that I was only left with 10rs change...I have some cash around 20000+ all 1000rupee notes in my bag....I have to pay some bills etc etc...I coudnt dare to open my bag and take out a singe 1000rs note without being seen by any1...I though i can do it once i getdown as some1 might notice dat and track me down and steal.............lol

I got down.... but trust me......Muslims work hard..I can say this as most of the guys are returning home at 12am..So i couldnt takeout cash now...shops were all closed..couldnt exchange either///

I am waiting for an auto that would take me to my place....But Most of them were traveling only to near by places....I stood there waiting and waiting.........roads were almost empty except a few night riders like me....Its almost 1am by now

Suddenly a pale, faded, blueish green colored old van stopped just before me and it is going a bit near to my place..i got into it rushing along with all those people thinking i could find some transport once i get down as its not much far from there..

I was adjusting myself and the moment i sat comfortably along with 10 members in the back...the driver got out and shut the back door shouting..not to open the door.....It was all black..literally dark...I could see nothing..Its kinda weird van...... i couldn't see where the driver is heading...All that i can see is some 5-6 red fire like things glowing and moving around me....
I was terrified by then....Al though i could assume they were smoking..no1 is talking..no1 is getting down...i couldnt see where iam...Just imagine...
All kinda weird thoughts started to scare me...I might get kidnapped...or perhaps robbed and killed....kinda thoughts...Nothing new..but something what we often read in a metro newspaper.......(a young graduate found dead.....a boy kidnapped....a girl murdered in suspecious circumstances etc etc...)I was new to city and i know pretty well that some ppl here could do anything. My heart beat raised although i didn't show any signs of panic. however thers no way one can see my emotions in that dark...;P..The most terrifying idea was not abt getting kidnaped or killed...But about the latest smuggling things going on...I just had a vision of police opening the backdoor with their torch fading away the darkness and find some criminals or smuggling goods and arrest me along with the remaining....In that case, i had no way to escape as i am looking no diff to them after a day's journey with the face of deprived hunger....and moreover you could imagine my geekish dressing style on a regular day as i have mentioned previously....

Suddenly the van stopped and some1 opened the door....not the police but the driver...some people got down and now i stareted to observe pretty clearly all my surroundings to find any suspicious things...Before i finish my observation..door got closed and its dark again....This time i didn't worry much as we are heading to my place...FInally the door opened again and it is my last intermediate stop..I got down and paid off my last 10rs note......


I am standing on the road all alone when the time is around 2am....No cash in hand..No1 moving around....no balance in my cell.....Standing all alone on that godforsaken stop for some more time, I started to walk around to see if anything is open...on the road ahead,there is a tube light and when i reached there, It is open...

I never heard anything with the name of 24-hours internet cafe till then...It also has some battery services and hence the shop keeper might got an idea to use those night hours for running a cafe....on the flip side.... he could use net when he gets bored.....;P.....It is pretty cozy with 4-5 cabins and he is a decent guy of age around 25years....Some how he readily exchanged my 1000rs without any hesitation when i explained my situation....Thanx to him...He looked like a life saver at the moment in that unknown place....I returned back to the stop thinking humanity is still alive in metros.....;P

Finally managed to get an auto around 3am and had to walk around 1km for my hostel....again alone at that hour where the only things i could here are the dog barks and patrol sirens. reached my hostel gate where a herd of dogs and their puppies blocked my path as if i were a thief. The big gates were locked from inside and i felt bad to disturb that old couple at that hour....So i decided to climb the gate....

Yeah..The gates were exactly like this with walls double the height..All i can do is to climb them and jump....I threw my bag inside first...It landed with a THUMP sound....... i Started to slowly climb till the top.....suddenly....Dogs started barking...bhow bhow!!!!....Fear or imbalance or nervousness or lack of strategy......any small error with those sharp arrows would only leave me hurt at private parts.....I couldnt hold myself when i have reached the top of the gate...SO i had to jump suddenly with out maintaining proper angle and strenght in the right direction.....and the reslut is....


I didnt land at all....I remained in air....only Then i could understand what had happend actually...One of that poking arrows hooked through the back part of my shirt and I was struck to it....I tried manyways to hold up and climb back but i couldnt....Dogs started barking loudly.... with the fear of waking every1, I implemented my final do....I took all my strenght in weight and jumped hard on myself and finally....... fell on the ground......My favt shirt was completely torn by then....Luckily my flat door is open and i just sneaked in and closed the door.....Ate chapati and slept in warmth before any1 could notice......

curtain down....



Al though in these 4years , i had spent whole nights on the roads without being worried eventhough i was alone...that first scary nightout remained as one the most thrilling experiences in ma life.....

uffff.....this post too went terribly long....sorry guys.........lol..................bye..........;P

3 comments:

  1. Good one buddy..... U have got great story telling skills.... Keep an eye on sentence formations and it would be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou vermuch naren...yeah..i will be cautious nextime...

    ReplyDelete